Monday, March 29, 2010

Rough Week, But Good News, Too!

Dear Sons of Mosiah,
Rough week out in the mission field. You know those weeks where everything goes wrong? You know them, right? Bicycle breaks, all of your appointments cancel, your favorite person disappears because they might be in prison, your favorite recent convert starts smoking again...those kind of weeks? Yeah, rough week this week. Even John Harvey cancelled this week! I've spent a lot of time preparing for that guy! I'm supposed to go back, I know that much, but I was hoping it would be last Saturday. Oh well.
Well my brethren, not much to say this week. About the only good news, however, is probably the greatest news I've had in quite a while. SISTER SAURE IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!! Whoot!
Yeah, the Saure's are a part-member family that have had a lot of difficulties. Brother and Sister Saure have struggled in their marriage, and their whole family has had a rough time. Still, they want to work it out. Unfortunately, their divorce papers already went through, so now they have to be remarried. They are planning on it though, and she's also planning on getting baptized. They have decided the only way to keep their family functional is to center it around Jesus Christ. She has taken lesson from the missionaries before, but said she didn't feel ready to be baptized before. She does now. We've been visiting their family lately, and even had Family Home Evening with them last night. It went well.
So, now I finally get to see what I came out here to see: the completion of families. Hopefully they will be able to go through the temple in a little over a year, and get sealed for time and eternity. I feel humbled that the Lord is allowing me to see what I wanted to see.
Anyway, I'm going to keep it short today. The news is great, isn't it? I love you all my dear brethren! Keep God in your hearts always!
Love, Elder Chris Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment