Monday, April 19, 2010

A Difficult Week with Illness, but We're Still Blessed!!

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

Not much to write this week, honestly. I spent much of it in bed, unfortunately. I hate to admit it, but I've been sicker than a dog for about a week. Yeah, they are going to take care of it. By they, I mean, the mission mom is on top of it, I think. We have to call her whenever we are sick, and describe our symptoms. Unfortunately, she had no idea what I have, but whatever it is, one of my companions may or may not have the same thing, just not as bad. She called a doctor, and he didn't know what it was either. He called me the next day, and discussed it with me. Yeah, it's being handled. It could be a couple of things. He said it was possible that I have an infection somewhere, and that my body just has to fight it. It's no good. It could be other things, but that was one rough possiblity. So instead of sending me to a doctor, they told me to just wait it out, and they will check up on me every once in a while.
Still, the Lord blessed us despite the sickness. We somehow managed to still teach quite a bit for the small amount of time we actually got to work. We also got to give an older lady a blessing, and take the sacrament to a man yesterday. Somehow we managed to teach a lot of great people who seem to be coming along. It's always good news.
Anyway, I don't have much to say. I love you all!
Love, Elder Christopher D. Petersen
P.S. Thanks to those of you who have written me recently! I will respond to all of you, and want to hear from all of you! I will write back as fast as possible, but I'm a little behind, so a letter is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment