Monday, April 19, 2010

Pause, Ponder and Pray!!

Dear Sons of Mosiah,
I hope you thought about it before continuing on. If you did not, don't you dare get around to reading this for a little bit. Pause, ponder, and pray. Think, and do. It's funny how valuable things are that are constantly at hand. These are tools the Lord has given us to use, and abilities that we always have. Yet, for some reason, few take part in these things frequently. The world is so busy, and we are always going. How many of us honestly just lay down for a moment and just pause from life to think--or get down on your knees to simply talk with your Father in Heaven? How many of us are constantly seeking for knowledge from Him? Do we really believe that if we ask, we shall receive, and if we knock, is shall be opened unto us? Or who here believes the simple words of James, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and ubraideth not: and it shall be given him."? Forgive me if any of the punctuation is off. I do not have my scriptures with me at the Library today, so I just kind of did it from memory. Let's highlight some things.
In plain english, James said: "If any of you lack wisdom, ask God, that gives answers to all men freely, and he will not judge you for asking; he will give you what you ask for." Now, I realize it doesn't sound as poetic that way, and I prefer in in scripture myself. Still, when you brake it down, he is basically saying that. Of course, you must ask for things that are righteous, and also, we can't forget the beginning of verse six, "But let him ask in faith". Well, my point is, we should utilize the promises given to us by servants of the Lord.
Now, about what I said...Christ supped with sinners. I'm not going to ruin it for you. Study it out. Think about it. However, one word of precaution for safety sake. That does not mean to ever place yourself into bad situations, or surround yourself with people doing bad things. Christ didn't do stupid things. Keep that in mind before you attempt to act on my short message. So be careful. Do not go and decide to date someone who is rebellious hoping you can change them, hang out with a bunch of people doing drugs, or go to a party under 'Christ supped with sinners' as your justification. Don't do that, but DO figure out what I mean. If you have any questions, write me about it. I love letters. Love you all!
Love, Elder Christopher Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment