Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Work of God is Never Frustrated . . .

Dear Brethren,

I have much I wish to say to you next week concerning some of my discoveries during my personal study. It reminded me you, and the work that we are doing. I was actually really reading about the sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. I wrote down some impressions that I had as I was reading. I will hopefully bring those next week, and share them with you all.
I do not yet know what to say, so I probably will not say much this week. The work here is picking up, which is absolutely wonderful. Things are going forward. An interesting lesson I learned last week, that I will probably say again in my next email, is that truly the work of God is never frustrated, but only the work of man is frustrated. I laugh at the old saying, "If the church isn't true, the missionaries would have destroyed it a long time ago". Haha! Of course, that is only referring to those missionaries who weren't really doing what they ought to on their missions. God truly has given us power and authority if we will but use them. Preach My Gospel says to not be shy about the power and authority we hold. You should read it. It's at the beginning of Preach My Gospel.
Anyway, I will have more to say next week. I love you all!
Love, Elder Christopher Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment