Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome to the Mission Field, Josh . . .

Dear fellow brethren,

This week should be an exciting one I would assume. Josh Van Steeter, welcome to the mission field soon buddy! I hear your fairwell is coming up this weekend! You'll be in my prayers. Go do an amazing work, and have fun with the fishbowl we like to call the Missionary Training Center. The MTC fishbowl is a great place full of the spirit, food, inspiration, and more food, for those of you who don't know. I call it the fishbowl for several reasons. For one, I had previously heard of the MTC referred to as 1) Spiritual Disneyland, and 2) Prison. It was neither for obvious reasons. First off, though it is very spirtual, I like the mission field more. It's just nothing like Disneyland. It isn't like prison because you can leave whenever you want, and prison is reserved for the wicked, not the righteous. It is a fishbowl because you can see the outside world, but you can't touch it. You are inside a little world, even though the MTC is a place in the larger world that you can see. If you jump out, you will spiritually suffocate until it is time to leave, or you have permission. If you leave, you may be able to flop yourself back into the bowl, or you may not. You take the jump and it's chancing it. Anyway, I'm out of time, but I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment