Monday, October 25, 2010

A Letter to "Funky" Letter to Friends . . .

A Long Long Time Ago, In a Cornfield Far Far Away...


I, Elder Christopher Dennis Petersen, killed chickens this week...R.I.P. Chickens...

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

So, I've been thinking a lot about you, my good friends. Oh! Alisha, Toria, Sami, Gowski, Chris A, and Rachel!!! I know it's weird that I am talking to you all directly in this email/blog thingy, but I want you to know, I have sat down to write letters several times, and I even got some all the way finished, BUT I keep forgetting to buy stamps! Gowski and Chris and Rachel, I haven't begun your letters yet, but I'm writing them way soon! And Alisha, Toria, I have them written, only know they are weeks old, so I will probably write more! I have tried to write you two like a billion times, but something always comes up! As for Sami, I have tried to write you a billion times, but I never finish the letter. Always so much that I need to do, but I haven't forgotten about you. Tim, I need to write you too my friend.
Anyway....I hope you are all excited. Josh is in the MTC now, which is awesome! I'm loving the fact that we now have Carter, Tanner, and Josh all on their missions now! David! I heard you are going to Mexico...where is my letter? Also, of course, we have Tony Arnell out there. Now, am I missing anybody who is out? Goodness...I have a terrible memory. So, if I seem a little spastic today, I guess it's just true, I'm spastic. Things are going really well out here, though transfers are this week, which is always the worst. The work is going great, and we are teaching a lot of great people, and I am so grateful God has prepared so many people for us. I seriously have no idea what life would have been like if I had made the decision to stay home instead of serve my mission. I have made many great friends, and have a great love for the people out here.
Well, love you guys, and take care. The chicken thing above, if you are wondering, was a service project for a family out here. They kill chickens every year, and sell the meat. It helps them get by. We had to catch, kill, pluck, gut, etc. It was an experience. Anyway, you're in my prayers. "Keep the Faith. Keep the Funk", as Sister Harwood would say (for those of you who don't know, Sister Harwood was one of Scott and Michael's Missionaries).

Love, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment