Monday, August 23, 2010

Humble Yourself Before the Lord . . .

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

What to say today? I truly have no idea...I do have to say, I've been seeing some pretty crazy things going on in the world, and my mind is caught up in the writings of Nephi when he spoke of the latter days, and the Great and Abominable Church. I've talked to a lot of people who are so hardened against religion because of the acts of such churches. They see wickedness high up in churches all around them, and I often wonder, can we blame these people who choose not to listen? Truly Satan's church is at large, and it has turned away many good people that see the hold Satan has on many churches--Christian and Non-Christian churches alike. This is why members need to help people see the difference between the Great Whore of All the Earth, and the true and restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's quite the battle out here, nevertheless a good work is going forward, and many people are being brought to a knowledge of the truth. And why should we be discouraged? Truly Nephi prophesied that our numbers would be few, and will always be fewer than those of the Great and Abominable Church--at least until the Great and Terrible Day when the Son of God will come again. Hopefully for all of us that will be a Great Day, and not so terrible. Nevertheless, it is what it is.
Now, where do we stand on this whole scale that determines the fate of the world? My father sent me an email about this, and I have to say, I wish I always truly understood my place as a servant of the Lord. Truly missionaries are a force going forth to dissolve the wickedness and secret combinations which plague our world. In the Book of Mormon missionary work is exactly how the Lamanites rid themselves of secret combinations in their society, and the Nephites were unable to do so because people would not hearken unto the word of God. Hopefully the people of this great nation, and of the world, are not hardened to that extent, in their hearts. This is all why we have a great need to do missionary work! Think about it, all of you who have ever wished to be great! The way to be great is to humble yourself, and understand your great nothingness before the Lord, then he will make you mighty in His hands. How cool is that? For a reference, check out Mosiah 4, and read it prayerfully. It's a beautiful chapter, and is honestly a lot of what got me out here on my mission.
Anyway, I'm done preaching now, but love you all! Keep safe, keep righteous, and keep doing the Lord's work, okay? Talk to you next week!
Love, Elder Chris Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment