Monday, August 16, 2010

Food For Thought . . .

Dear Brethren,

I miss your stinking guts! (End of the carnal Chris speaking) How are you all doing? I was in sick all day yesterday, and was told to stay home by Sister Kunz, so my companion and I talked a lot. I got to think about all the crazy things we've done, and realized that we really had quite the experiences, didn't we? Anyway...
Well, I don't have much to say today. I suppose I'm just writing this week out of habit. The Lord's work is going great! Satan's working really hard against it, but no matter what he does, the Lord comes out triumphant! It's all about the casualties now. We must save as many of our brethren as we can. As Brigham Young said concerning the lost handcart companies, "Bring In Those People Now!" This is the job of missionaries, and of members! More dire than the physical death of a freezing, starving people, is the spiritual danger of a soul!
How many of us would jump in front of a car to save someone's life--especially somebody that we care about? I think a lot of us would. So should we not treat with the same urgency the soul who does not have the gospel, or who has strayed from the truth? Now we can't force them to accept it, but ought we not to continually present it? Is the immortal soul not more important than our temporary tabernacles? How much more then, should we care to save a soul, than even that of a life? We place lives at a priceless value--then of how much more value is the soul!
Anyway, it's food for thought. Too often we are afraid to talk to our nonmember friends or acquaintances about the gospel, but we wouldn't hesitate in the least to save them from an oncoming car. Where should we place our priorities? Anyway, good job to all who have realized it, and I'm still working on it. Lol. Half the time that I write things to all of you, I have a major realization myself--and I'm in the process of convincing myself of the truth of something.
Well, I love you all! Have a great week!
Love, Elder Chris Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment