Monday, June 28, 2010

Prayers Are Answered!!

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

I don't have much to write about this week, really. Transfers just happened, but I'm still here in the Trendwood Area in Lincoln, Nebraska. It's crazy to think that I've been in Lincoln for over four and half months, and on my mission for over six months. Strange stuff.
Well, today I quickly want to talk about prayer, cause I had a cool experience. I was praying Saturday night before I went to sleep, and I was really discouraged about the work. People just weren't listening, and members just weren't doing anything, it seemed! So, I took my meltdown to the Lord. I just told my Father all of my frustrations, and prayed for His help. It's not always easy to be out here. Some days just feel almost useless, and like nothing good had happened. It's also really hard to watch people reject something that means the world to us, every single day. It's hard to watch the people in their wickedness, and to see the hold that the adversary has on them--especially the many that believe they are followers of Jesus Christ. Satan was very smart when he invented many concepts there are that keep people away from the truth. Many believe that all they have to do is say a prayer accepting Jesus as their personal Savior, and they are saved. They can do whatever they want to from that time forth, and there will be no consequences because they are saved by grace. How easy would that be? But it's not true. And there are many other things like this that are very grevious to missionaries--and very grevious to me as an individual!
So I prayed to God for help that night. Immediately, the next morning, we went to a meeting at the church, and lo and behold, President Kearl from the Mission Presidency came to our ward. We had a meeting with him during Elder's quorum, and also with a brother from the Stake High Council. Well, the Trendwood Area has suffered for a very long time, and through many missionaries. He told us the Lord wanted Elder Hoyt and I here right now, because He knew we were good missionaries, and we could do what needs to be done. (That felt good). He then made us promises concerning our area, if we would follow the guidelines he would lay out for us, and those promises were amazing. We would see an amazing amount of success if this promise comes true. Tears filled my eyes in the meeting, and I simply asked President Kearl how he knew to come today. I then related my story about praying. All he said was "That's why".
Anyway, this turned out a lot longer than I anticipated, but I just wanted you to know that prayers are in fact answered. Pay attention to what God has done in your life. I look on my life, and I see that I have been very blessed. Yet, I've got a rebellious soul, and find myself murmuring way too often. God defintely must love me, cause I'm such a pain in the butt, I'm sure.
Well, I love you all. Pay attention to your blessings for the next week, okay? Then all of you should write me about the blessings you've noticed. I promise that if you pay attention and think about it, you will be very surprised at what's there. So write, and then we can strengthen each other's testimonies.
Love, Elder Christopher Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment