Monday, June 14, 2010

Converts Are Great!!

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

This week is my shout out about how much I love converts--especially recent ones! This week we took Andre (our recent-convert from May) to the Mormon Trail Center in Omaha. It was tons of fun. We watched the full-length Joseph Smith Movie that is completely amazing, and very inviting of the Spirit. Andre really appreciated being able to see how Joseph Smith's life was, and the lives of the early saints. He said it was humbling, and great to go in depth.
Later, we stopped at McDonalds for lunch. My companion and I left our bags with our scriptures. Usually we don't need those because we can't prosylite at business locations, and we were only going to the Trail Center, and back to Lincoln in a car. So, we left them. Well, that was a dumb idea. The cashier asked us if we had a pamphlet or anything she could read. We didn't...but Andre did! He gave her some pamphlets and pass-along cards! What a man and a missionary! He told us later that he felt prompted to bring them. I wish I would have got the memo.
Next week I have another one to make, but I'm out of time. Feel the suspense...lol! Love you all!
Love, Elder Chris Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment