Monday, May 24, 2010

We Must Do the Work the Lord Has Called Us To Do . . .

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

Justin Aulner got baptized!!! He was an investigator that I helped teach in my very first area. We had Zone Conference this week, and I got to meet up with both of my trainers. It was awesome. One of them showed me pictures, and it really made my day to see that Justin was able to quit chew and make his baptismal covenants with the Lord. Good stuff right there.
Well, I've nearly been out six months, and I've heard from a lot of you recently. I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well, and it looks like a lot of you are getting excited for the work! I'm stoked for all of you that are putting yourself into missionary work! It's an important work that needs to be done. It seems that the opposition is getting increasingly stronger, every day, and that's why the Lord needs his Saints to give this work some real attention. Though the adversary grows stronger, so do the Saints of the living God. We have to be stronger to live in these times. There is so much confusion in this world, and all moral values are under attack as well. I think of our wonderful women and young women especially, with the attack that is in full swing against womanhood! We discussed that in Priesthood yesterday. We as Priesthood holders are indeed grateful for the wonderful women and young women of this church. Without them, what would we do? We appreciate the woman who understand their divine nature, and who always do their best to act as Daughters of God. I am not going to go into a long spill about it though. You don't need to hear me preach. Just always remember that, and women, also remember that we are imperfect. It is very important to do all you can to live up to your divine nature, but at the same time, do not beat up on yourself for your imperfections. In fact, that goes for everyone.
Anyway, this world is getting scary, but that's why we must do the work the Lord has called us to do. We need to build strong testimonies, and even stronger faith in our Savior. I'll leave it at that. I'm starting to feel all "preachy", and we can't have that. I love you all!
Love, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment