Monday, May 17, 2010

The Sons of Mosiah Dotting The Earth . . .

Dear Sons of Mosiah,

I'm glad to hear that you are getting shipped all over the world! It begins now! We are going to dot the earth! Hmmm...I almost sound maniacal...well, keep in mind that us dotting the earth is a GOOD THING. So, Carter to Taiwan, Tanner to Denmark, and me in Nebraska! This is great! Oh, and nobody be fooled, I am definitely in the most exotic place of the bunch.
Well, we still have many other Sons of Mosiah that we are waiting to see shipped out! I can't wait to get a globe and place a pin where our forces are. Of course, I can always put a large one in Utah. Just because you aren't on a full-time mission, doesnt mean you can't be a missionary. So many of you are in different phases in life, and even if a mission isn't part of that, you can still be servants of the Lord and bring people unto Christ. I know many of you are going to school, some of you are married, others of you are working, and some of you doing who knows what--but many of you are still doing a great work. Keep it up.
Other good news! I didn't want to say before, because I didn't want to jinx it, but ANDRE GOT BAPTIZED!!! It was great! Yet another soul entering the kingdom of God! I'm way happy for him. This man overcame smoking--which by the way, is harder for a lot of people than giving up nearly anything! I knew a lady in Omaha who had given up meth, but was still struggling to give up smoking. I've heard of many other similar stories. Even Andre had tried to quit before, but it wasn't until we came that he accomplished it. Now, trust me, Elder Hayes and I couldn't get anybody to stop smoking! What do we know about it? We aren't professionals, and we havent' had that problem. However, watching people quit who could never quit before we came, has been a huge testimony to me. The atonement of Christ, and the Spirit that travels with us, grants amazing power to those who need it. It gives them a strength that nothing else can. What a miracle!
Well, I love you my brethren. Have a great week! Talk to you later.

Love, Elder Christopher Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment