Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Short but Sweet!!

Dear Sons of Mosiah,
Never was there a greater time to be a servant of the Lord than on this humbling day. Transfers are this week, and I have to admit, I am very nervous. One of my companions got called to be the Assistant to the President, and I am way excited for him, though it means I will not be able to serve alongside him any longer, which kind of saddens me. I have yet to find out whether or not I am staying in my area, and though I hope to, I will go where the Lord wants me to go.
Blessed is this day, brethren. Though many people may be in their deepest hardships, struggling to get by with all their might, the Lord has not turned Himself away from His Children. He is reaching out His hand, and He is there to comfort each of us who will run to His aid that He may succor us as a parent does a child. We are not alone. May we remember His promises to us, and His goodness, His power, and wisdom in all things. Sometimes things hurt, and we worry. Why is it that miracles happen all around us, and still our faith is shakeable? I wonder that of myself sometimes. None of us are perfect, but through the Lord Jesus Christ, we can be perfected.
I have no stories today, but rather a message to convey to all of you. Be there for each other, and place upon yourselves Charity and Love Unfeigned. Be faithful, and let virtue have place in your hearts and in your minds. Let not the fierce winds of the adversary push you into forbidden paths, but rather stay on the straight and narrow that you may stand blameless before God at the last day, through repentance in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Know that God loves you, and cares for you. Know that He wants us to be happy, take joy in righteousness, and to serve one another. Christ himself came not to be ministered unto, but to minister. Let us follow His example, and let us take joy in each other.
I love you all so much, and take joy in each of you. I hope all of our individual relationships will last through time, and also through all eternity. I love each of you, all in different, and marvelous ways. Some are family, some of us an unbreakable brotherhood, some the sweetest friendships, others an influence of charity and support, and another the sweetest love in the eyes of God :-p. I love you all, and these things are among the things which are the testimony of my heart. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment