Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Transfer to Lincoln

Dear Sons of Mosiah,
Well, not much to update you on. I got transferred to Lincoln Nebraska, and am currently serving in the Holmes Lake Ward. Unfortunately, missionary work is really slow in my new area that I moved into, and our key indicators that we report to the our leaders, are way below the standard. I don't like it one bit, and I hope to change that while I am here. The Ward needs a lot of help getting motivated to do missionary work, but my companion and I are in the process of setting up a new program here for the members that should take missionary work to a whole new level here. Unfortunately, it's very much an investment. The results will take time, but the important thing isn't that our numbers go up right away. The important thing is that we help souls do the things they need to do to live in Heavenly Father's Presence again, and reach exaltation. Should this work, missionaries that are here in the future should have plenty of people to teach, and the work should get so much better. It's going to take Patience to get this going, but it should work well.
The Lord will guide us, and it's going to take a lot of effort. Right now, we are only teaching one person, and he's a devout catholic. I'll tell you a little bit about him in a second. This means my companion and I are working on finding people to teach, and it is very difficult. The good thing is that Elder L. Tom Perry from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came to Nebraska on Sunday, spoke with local church leaders about how to get the members finding people for the missionaries to teach, and then he spoke with all of the missionaries yesterday. It was great being in the presence of one of the Lord's Apostles. It is my second time seeing him on my mission.
I need to go soon, so I will tell you a bit about the man we are teaching. He had us for breakfast at Village Inn, and would buy us any food we wanted. He's nice, but he's extremely liberal, which meant I had to keep my mouth shut and just smile as he bashed Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck. I love them all. Anyway, he's a devout catholic, but he doesn't even believe in a good portion of the bible, which is weird. He believes that Adam and Eve were a parable, and that the whole world being flooded didn't really happen. Moses parting the red sea...didn't believe that either. Why is this guy catholic? Cause he believes in all of their Articles of Faith. Anyway, it's strange, but I've got to go. Love you all!
Love, Elder Chris Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment